Thursday, June 6, 2013

Exterior Shot

A while a go I did an exterior shot. It was defiantly out of my comfort zone, but I learned a lot. Exterior shots are difficult to do especially when you are photographing a very large building surrounded by other buildings. Not only did I run into that situation, but I also had to deal with distortion.

I had been scouting for areas that would give me a good angle and I ended up climbing up some stairs of a building. (The steps were at the side of the building and only metal.) Also, I'm partially afraid of heights, so my heart speed up a little on my way up and down.


It was exciting at the same time to go out and take the image. Unfortunately I did get a little too excited and didn't pay attention to some things. The poles ended up being in the shot and are a little distracting. The image wasn't too bad for my first attempt though. I took it in the late afternoon when there was high contrast. I'm content with my first try but plan to improve more and practice more in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment